Tags: advent, verona, 13.3, led, laptop, screen, netbook, replacement, repair, remove, bezel, frame, hinges, lid, base, screw, holes, how, to |
Categories: Laptop Screen Installation Help
Posted by tori
4/21/2011 3:07 PM |
The Advent Verona series of laptops employ a new method of design whereby the bottom part of the lid (with the screen), is sat slightly behind the base of the laptop. Because of this, removing the screen bezel (the plastic LCD surround or frame) can seem an impossibility.
Before attempting to change any laptop screen, you must first familiarise yourself with the basic procedure that applies to all laptops. Once you understand the basics of laptop screen replacement, we can explain the additional steps you will need to understand to replace the laptop screen on your Advent Verona series laptop.
The basics of laptop screen replacement are described here in our FREE 6 minute Laptop Screen Replacement video.
Specifics for the Advent Verona:
Once you understand the screen replacement process you will need to understand how to remove the screen bezel or plastic frame around the LCD so that you can remove the screen from inside the lid of the laptop. With the Advent Verona series of laptop this process involves the additional step of removing the lid from the base of the laptop by unscrewing the hinges from the underside or base. Once the lid is removed, you will then be able to access the screw holes at the base of the screen and thus remove the bezel.
1. Close the lid, remove the battery and remove all the screws from the underside that are below the lid.
2. Above the keyboard is a strip with the power button and lights, remove the screws from the base that are directly under that and then this strip will come off, usually sliding left or right first then lifting off - revealing the hinges.
3. Unscrew the hinges from the base and the lid comes off the base – now you can work on the lid without the hindrance of it being obscured by the rest of the laptop and the procedure from here is as per the video.
Document Applies to:
Advent Verona Series 13.3" LED Laptop Screen Replacement.
Replacing the screen in your Acer Aspire One Laptop
We recommend you start by watching the generic screen replacement video here http://blog.laptop-lcd-screen.co.uk/post/2011/04/13/How-To-Replace-A-Laptop-Screen-6-Min-Tutorial-Video.aspx. Then apply these specific instructions below to your particular model of machine.
The Acer Aspire One series are a fabulous range of laptops offering incredible value for money. Replacing the Laptop Screen LCD panel inside the machine can at first glance look like a daunting task. Don´t worry, it isn´t and we will show you in just a few easy steps how you can professionally replace the laptop screen in this range of laptops. We recommend a professional supplier of screens for the acer aspire range that you should liase with prior to this instruction.
How to change the laptop screen
1) First and foremost, you must always remove the battery and the mains power before attempting any laptop repair. Screens can carry a high voltage so this is important.
2) Identify the screen hold covers, there are six of them around the laptop screen bezel (the bezel is the plastic frame around the laptop screen). Remove these rubber or plastic covers with a sharp knife and keep them safely.
3) Once removed, you will need to unscrew the screws that sit behind the plastic covers. Using a small philips head screwdriver firmly turn the screws counter clockwise to remove them. Also keep them safely.
4) Once removed you should be able to place your fingers, upside down on the screen glass, and using your nails gently life the bezel away from the back lid plastics. It will unsnap or pop out of place. You may think it is still fixed somewhere but once the six screws are removed it will come away with a gentle but firm lifting action. Do not bend the bezel at any point as this may snap it. Once removed you will notice 4 screws in each corner of the screen holding it into the frame which is attached to the back lid plastic.
5) Once these screws are removed, unplug the lead for the webcam above the screen. The white plug will pull away from the webcam circuitry with a gentle force.
6) The screen will now fall away from the laptop lid and you will notice one cable left in the rear of the display. This is the signal cable, responsible for communicating the image from the base of the laptop to the screen. This connector will simply pull off downwards as in the presentation below.
7) The laptop screen is now free and will come away from the laptop in one motion. All you need to do now is reverse these instructions to install the replacement laptop screen.
A useful video guide is also available online at the following YouTube URL